View Single Post
Old 01-02-2004, 12:59 AM   #16
CamaroSSBoy346
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to CamaroSSBoy346
Re: KIT REVIEWS....Look in here to see other modellers veiws on kits

Fujimi BMW 5 Series (1989-1995 ?)

This has got to be one of my favorite european cars. These were some of the best performance sedans in its heyday. The M5, built and assembled in Munich Germany, this car could run with names such as Corvettes. Im not talking about the L89 Corvette either. Im talking about the Corvette's of the same year. With a curb weight of 3803 pounds, a 340 HP 300 lb ft of tq Inline 6, this car could do the quarter mile in 14 seconds and rip to 60 mph in 6 seconds. And if that wasnt enough, you could contract Dinan or AC Schnitzer to have your 5 series supercharged, put new body kits on, or wheels.

Fujimi has recreated the BMW M5, 535i, and AC Schnitzer 535i. All 3 kits are exactly the same, however they all offer the same level of excitment. Having built both the M5 and AC Schnitzer 535i, i can say these are some pretty good kits. Way above other average Fujimi Kits

Unfortunatly, this is a curbside. Meaning no engine. Just like every other Fujimi. On the under side, you will find some engine detail. a square for the oil pan, and the transmission. Even with that little detail, its not very detailed The exhaust is also molded into the chassis (except tail pipe and muffler) 5/10

The suspension..its a joke to say the least. Wheels are held in place with a metal axle, both front and rear= no steering wheels. To keep the wheels from sliding back and forth, 1 piece holders have been made. The rear holder consists of something that resembles lower A-Arms, differential housing, and a 2mm drive shaft, which connects to a molded drive shaft, that is covered by the molded in exhaust. The metal axle acts as the axle and axles housing. Up font its the same lay out. The piece that holds the axle in place consists of the oilpan, tie rods, and stabilizers, and something that you could call a lower a arm. The coil springs, and shocks are molded into the chassis piece. It also comes with a seperate fuel tank. Wheels included are BBS 2 Piece lace mesh rims with Pirelli Cinturato P7's 2/10

The interior is okay. It comes with seperate door panels, a choice of auto or 5 speed stick shifters, and a 2 piece dashboard. The seats arent very detailed, and have no back. The dashboard face; which consists of HVAC controlls and radio isnt very detailed, and is hard to make out what it is. It also comes with a choice of 2 steering wheels 7/10

Body is nicle scuplted, and has a few mold lines on the sides of the roof. It also comes with seperate front and rear bumper. It also comes optional with the AC Schnitzer spoiler. Unfortunatley, the body lines arent deep, and may be coved under heavy paint. 8.5/10

Overall, this is a good kit for the ameature. But for the skilled modeler, this may be a let down. As all the kits are the same, for better or for worse. A great kit for the amature, as its not too difficult. Overall, 7.5/10
1992 Lincoln Mark VII LSC 302 H.O, A9L ECU swap, 65mm TB, 73mm Granetelli MAF, FRPP 30lb injectors, Walbro 255, MSD ignition, Powerdyne BD11 supercharger, Efans, T-5 swap w/ FRPP flywheel, Ram HDX clutch and adjustable Steeda clutch quadrant, 4.10 gears, Nitto NT555R radials
2000 OBS Tahoe Z71 6k HIDs, 33" Goodyears. 280k mile daily beater
CamaroSSBoy346 is offline   Reply With Quote