View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 06:52 PM   #11
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
Re: Re: Too early for GT500 vs '07 Skyline GTR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman10587
Oh yeah, I don't mean to say the GT500 is a bad car at all. If drag racing and hot rodding is your thing, then it's the best car to come from an American company in a long time. The handling isn't necessarily bad, either. I'm just saying that there are many better-handling vehicles for less money. Also, with 475 horsepower, performance-tuned engine and a 4000-lb curb weight, the gas mileage is going to be absolutely abyssmal. C&D estimated 13/21 when they tested it, and I don't doubt it. I know that performance cars are not supposed to get great gas mileage, but I think that at least 20 mpg combined is reasonable.
im sorry but i dont know anything about the new GT500...but i think i just understood that it is going to have 475hp and 4000 curb weight.

and your saying that the GTR "ONLY" packs 450hp??? you act as if the GT500 is on top of 600hp+. your talking 25hp and i doubt the GTR is gonna weigh more than 3500lbs. this makes the power to weight better than the GT500.

combined with the "no power robbing AWD system" of the new GTR. yes thats right, an AWD car that doesnt suffer from AWD powertrain loss. the front wheels are powered by electric motors, obviously at a very high performance level. this minimizes weight and powertrain loss of a standard AWD system but still all the performance benefits. the Nissan Cube and a few others already ahve this electronic system in production but are only offered to Japan.

from looking at numbers that we already know...it looks like for $70k...it doesnt get much better. but we will have to wait to see what nissan actually does.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote