View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 10:50 AM   #5
Scrapper
AF Premium User

Thumbs down Re: 1995 Astro Transmission Slipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannoastro View Post
Please help.
I have a 1995 Astro with about 85,000 miles on it. Bought it new. Earlier tonight I was about 3 or 4 miles from home. About halfway home I noticed the transmission starting to slip. After a few more blocks it got worse to the point I had to pull into a parking lot. I parked, turned the engine off and sat there a while. I started the engine but reverse didn't work so I shut the engine off again and let it sit a while. I was about ready to call for a tow truck. I tried it one more time and reverse worked just enough to back out of the space. I then put the transmission in 1 and was able to drive. I shifted into D and it started slipping real bad again and I had to pull over. I was now just a few blocks from home. After sitting with the engine off for a few minutes I tried it again in first and I was barely able to get home. It sits in my driveway now awaiting repair.

I checked the fluid and it smells a little burned and looks brownish.

I read a little about the valve body problems with the 1995 astros. Is this problem related to the valve body? Is this a major problem that will require a rebuild or is it something less drastic? Thanks Much!
yes if it's burnt fluid tells it all tranny time.
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote