View Single Post
Old 08-18-2004, 06:07 PM   #43
gasman03
AF Enthusiast

Revell 2003 Ford Focus SVT

in 2002 Ford relized they needed a car that would compete with the hot compacts that where coming out of Japan, like the WRX, Celica, and Civic, there answer was the SVT Focus, powered by a high performance 121 CI 2.0 litre DOHC 4cyl. which is sent to the road via a 6sp transmission. the extrior of the car got a styling upgrade, which included different front bumper, and rear. they aslo have it different headlights and 17" X 7" 5 spoke aluminum rims, interior gets Ricardo leather seats with color inserts, and an indash CD Changer. finally Ford gave us what we where beggin for, a fast car, that we can drive everyday.

lets start with what colors are available for the car.

Infra Red Clearcoat
Sonic Blue Clearcoat
CD Silver Clearcoat
Pitch Black Clearcoat
Screaming Yellow (European Appearance Package only)
Competition Orange (European Appearance Package only)
Interior Blue or red cloth seating surfaces with black leather trim
Black Recaro seats with black leather trim (European Appearance Package only)

Revell did a fantastic job on this kit, engraving is fantastic and good luck looking for mold lines, there are none which is fantastic, deffinently Tamiya quality, The kit is molding in what, black, gray, crome and clear plastic, and are all individually bagged and protected.

The body proportions are deffinently correct, has seperate bumpers, side skirts, hood, and door handles, which is a touch that is rarely seen in kits, it has a stock SVT body kit and an EVO3 body kit, which has been done beutifully, only gripe is that the grill is attached to the body, its not a major problem but it would've been easy to paint if it was'nt attached

The interior is also beutiful, dash represents the Focus perfectly, the shifter is one of the best i've seen, looks just like leather, and is the perfect shape, the side panels are awsome, they even have details for the seat belts, they look great altho i'm gonna remove them and replace them with PE pieces, the interior options include Spargo style seats, and a big custom system enclosure with big amps and woofers, the kit is great for kit bashing, alot of custom parts,

The mechanicals in the kit are represented good, undercarrage is done to perfection, and the 2.0 litre motor is done perfectly to scale, although according to my resource Revell's instruction in painting it is incorrect.

The rims are tipical Revell, 3 sets, 2 brand new custom one and the stock wheels, and there awsome Toyo tires, (which someone should cast)

decals include Carbon fiber for hood and wing, decals for the speaker system, ricer decals for the body, for the interior there are stock seat inserts, and decals for the dash details, altho. I recommend paint them manually becouse the decals may look a little funky over all the details eched into dash

out of 10 I give this kit a 9, mainly becouse of the boy ricer racer optional parts, like the WAY oversized wing, and the ricer decals.
gasman03 is offline   Reply With Quote