View Single Post
Old 06-07-2004, 07:53 PM   #4
hockeyfan_019
AF Newbie

I just fixed this problem on my '98 Montana last weekend. The A/C drain tube is probably off from the firewall, and you probably have a bad splice in either the light blue or white (I don't know which is unlock and which is lock) just forward of the door opening on the pass side.

To fix it, pull up the sill plate trim on the pass side (front) door, and lift back the carpeting under the floor. Look in the big bundle of wires in there, and follow the light blue and white wires toward the firewall about 12" until you see several taped splices. These are probably corroded. Untape the wires, cut out the damaged wires, and solder new wire in place, followed by heatshrink. Probably best to do both wires, although one of your seems to work right now, it may be just about gone.

The other problem regards the tube that is probably missing from the A/C drain in front of the firewall. It's nearly impossible to see, but it's about 6" behind the engine, toward the driver side from the gap on the side witht he drive belt, anout 6" up from the bottom of the firewall. The tube is necessary because the a/c water drains FORWARD (Duh, nice design) and when you drive it blows back in, and overflows under the carpet. A new "L fitting" tube only costs $4.30 (dealer price) and it'll fix the "water in the pass footwell area" problem.

Good luck!
hth, Tom
hockeyfan_019 is offline   Reply With Quote