View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 05:56 AM   #161
rallymaster
AF Enthusiast

Re: ModellingMaster.com - transkits, photo-etched and decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borjacho View Post
Hi, Phil:

Be sure that Ibiza and Cordoba are the same car, at least the street version.

Same chassis, same engines, same all.

Maybe during development to become a rally car suffered some big modification in the chassis to suspension and engine adjusments, but in the body size, including windscreen, hood, doors, etc, are the same car.
Mmm you're probably better located than me to know it, and maybe the pics are misleading but as much as I agree with you for doors I really see differences for hood and windscreen.
Cordoba hood seems more flat when Ibiza hood is very angular, also Ibiza windscreen seems narrower...
It's probably a bad effect from pics because as much as I remember most of the Cordoba has been done with Ibiza parts as you stated above.

Anyway having someCordoba resin cast copies could be a good solution to build an Ibiza. That would be a nice original model, and I think it was very popular in Spain, more than in France where those years were dominated by Peugeot and the 306 Maxi and also the Megane Maxi.

My personal favorite F2 would be the nice 106 Maxi from 97 Tour de Corse.

In the older time subject I'm thinking to transform a Peugeot 104 Berline into the Coupe ZS Gr.2 than ran in the late 70's in Portugal or Corsica...
An Idea among dozens of other ones I completely lack time for...

rallymaster is offline   Reply With Quote