View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 04:16 PM   #3
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Re: 94 Fuel Pump Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormfriskie View Post
My fuel pump quit, would it be worthwhile to check the oil pressure sender first before I drop the fuel tank? Does it tie in at all? Any one else have any fuel pump problems?
since you have a 1994 caprice the fuel pump not running will require a fuel gauge hooked up to the fuel rail . you will need 40 psi key on engine off. you can also jump the fuel pump feed at the under hood fuse box. then go to the rear of the vehicle behind the license plate and see if you have power at that connector that goes into the fuel tank to the pump. if the 12 volts is at that connector you hear no pump run and have no pressure then the pump may be bad or the in tank fuel pump connector is burned open this happens when the fuel level is always below 1/3 of a tank.

if you have no voltage at this rear connector then this can be the in trunk driver side connector,fuel pump relay , vats key / security system. etc...

these do not use the oil pressure that I know of. uses the distributor pulses to shut down fuel pump.or the key error .......
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote