View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 10:53 AM   #1
sportracer02
AF Enthusiast

Cool Kit Review: BMW M3 Sport Evo 1991 DTM - Transkit Studio27

Hi,

FINALLY – a good transkit to make a realistic model of the BMW M3. It is called "BMW M3 Sport Evo 1991 DTM Conversion Kit", made by Studio 27

A friend of mine sent me the fotos of the transkit, he just got from Japan.

The resin parts look nice and crisp.
However I don´t understand, why Studio 27 made a solution like this with separate parts for the front end of the car and rear window . A completely new body might have been a cleaner solution and saved time and nerves of the modeler.
White metal parts look good except of the wheels. The interior BBS-typical area should be finer, maybe as an etched part.

There are no tires in the transkit, those from the Fujimi kit should be used, but -as can be seen on the photo- they do not fit correctly. Probably you must look for an adequate substitution as well as for the roll cage, it is neither in the Fujimi-kit nor in the Studio 27 transkit .

Decals look crisp and complete.

Those etched parts look great, nice brakes (unfortunately hard to be seen under the wheels), and , yes , look closer – there are etched parts for the Mercedes Evo and a rallye version – lets hope that these transkits will come in the near future, too.

Price of the transkit are about 70 Euro according to the hlj-homepage.