View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 01:42 AM   #1
Flam2929
AF Newbie

Drivers Window half working

Hi everybody.... I'm an accord lover.... I've a 2004 and 2005 VTi. They are both immaculate and I keep them in as close to new condition as I can. I service and repair mostly everything I can. I've run into a problem though that I can't seem to fix. Maybe somebody here can advise??

This week I was winding down the driver’s window and when I tried to wind it up it would go up a little but then return to fully open. It wouldn't go back up. It winds back up to about 1/4 way before winding down, even with the up switch engaged. The motor is engaged when rising and lowering.

I have another Honda Accord same model but 2004. I swapped out the switch unit on the driver’s door, the problem was still there.

If I grab the window and force it up past (or around) the half way mark, while keeping my finger on the window switch (to close) so as to wind the window up, the window will close.

If I wind the window down no more than (approximately) 3/4 way down, and stop winding the window down, it will remain in position and when I try to close the window, the window will return to the closed position without a problem.

The swapping of the switch unit didn't work, does anybody have a notion what might be going on?

Thanks

Flam2828
Flam2929 is offline   Reply With Quote