View Single Post
Old 08-18-2006, 04:53 PM   #1
freakmech
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to freakmech
Aston Martin DBR9 Head to Head Review - Model Factory Hiro vs. Reniassance

Well I promised a review so here you go. Both kits are very nice in my opinion. Both have pro's and con's. I will not go into them but i paid $125 for the Renaissance kit from Stradasports.com and i paid $160 for the MFH kit, also from Strada. I feel the Reniassance kit offers more value in parts count, price, and detail but many will dissagree with me. I have both so i have no complaints but if i had to buy just one i would probably get the Reniassance kit. It looks to be a fun kit to build, though the MFH will be alot easier of a build and will probably be built first. Please note the MFH is on the left, Ren on the right in all pics.

Box: MFH wins!

Intructions: Renaissance wins! MFH has very nice plastic kit like intructions but Ren kit has lots of reference photos in addition to nicely drawn instructions.

Body: MFH wins! For obvious reasons... Also note that my Ren body was miscast and im waiting for a replacement.

Photo-etch: Reniassance wins! Lots of neat little details in different thicknesses and finishes. Im always impressed with Etienne's PE.

Glass: MFH wins! This is purely my opinion, im not fond of the precut flat windows that come with the Ren kit.

Wheels: MFH wins! MFH has nice machined wheels but there kind of flat, Ren wheels are nicely shaped but require some clean up.

Other stuff: Reniassance wins! Lots of goodies all in resin, all other parts in MFH kit are metal.

Decals: Tie There both equally nice in my opinion, both are nicely registered with not much carrier film.

Well make your own choice about them. Reniassance kit would have been absolutely perfect if Etienne would have just spent a little more time on the body. Im out,

Chad

Last edited by freakmech; 08-18-2006 at 08:51 PM.
freakmech is offline   Reply With Quote