View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 02:12 PM   #2
spelljunkie
AF Newbie

Cool Re: 1999 XJ8 Died...

Ok, got the code reader and it says P0335, which is Crankshaft Position Sensor failure. I am picking up a new sensor from the dealer on Monday. Research shows that there is a Haynes Manual for the XJ6, XJ12, and XJS, but nothing for an XJ8....

It appears that the failure of this sensor is not uncommon, and would explain why the engine just shut off when driving and the system won't let it turn over again.

Does anyone know where that Sensor is located? Not to be insulting, but after using and reading this forum, Jag owners aren't the most mechanically inclined (you might want to check out the other vehicle forums if you don't believe me)... I'm the type that has worked my way up to a Jag, so have worked on every vehicle I have ever owned without the need to ever take it to a shop/dealer (with occassional help from this site's forums, actually). Hopefully someone out there has tacked this likely uncomplicated problem before... This forum needs someone to step up and show what these car forums are supposed to be about. Doing your own work (especially minor things) is supposed to be fun, some people actually do it as a hobby...

I will keep updating to set an example.
spelljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote