View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 01:57 AM   #7
r0b1n
AF Newbie

Re: garageHEART- Nissan Sunny Truck VTEC

garageHEART put some thought into the colour, we chose a colour that a sunny truck came out in as well as a hakosuka, however we chose a silver that was used on a KPGC10 GT-R... This might seem easy, simply google the colour?!

unfortunately with each search came different responses and many saying depending on year and one site said no kpg was the same (in terms of colour) and it left me with a huge headache. I then remember when I imported parts for my Nissan i emailed Nissan Japan and they emailed me part numbers almost immediately, I then tried asking for the exact colour code for a KPGC10, not expecting much. However here is the email:

and here is their reply:

This made me extremely happy and again realising that Japanese customer service is truly amazing. With this info I then trekked to a local automotive paint mixer and bought some paint for the VTEC Sanitora...

(above) went for silver metallic 025

which then brought us to this...

(above) This was after clear was put on... not yet polished

There are some issues, but im leaving it. once done it will be hardly noticeable. I have also started on the smaller parts like wiper motor; brake master; hooter; steering column and throttle/accelerator cable. I have completed the Spoon Sports header as well. Will be shown in the next episode... now the exciting part begins.

Thanks all for looking and commenting

garageHEART- 1/24 auto workshop
The love for 1/24 scale Japanese cars...
r0b1n is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to r0b1n For This Useful Post:
bah humbug (01-30-2018)