View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 03:09 PM   #92
John18d
AF Enthusiast

Re: Is Strada Sports Store still alive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi Killer View Post
I use MediaMixHobby.com.sg for a lot of my stuff. They are great, shipping is fast and the actual stock is displayed on their site. Hobby Link Japan, Hobby Easy and Hobby Search are all great too. It doesn't seem like there is a solid source in the US for the harder to find kits.
Hemi - killer - there's at least one USA source for those of us in the USA - Mac"s Modeling http://www.macsmodeling.com/ No I do not get a commission.

Anyhow Mac, either has it or can get it in short order (you can always contact him and get information on availability and price from him before you place an order if you send him an email) or (drop him a call) if he has it, the website lists quantities in stock Mac usually replies within 24-72 hrs, but REMEMBER Mac does this business with models and stuff because he is a modeler too and tries to help others that are also passionate about the hobby - he is NOT getting RICH off this Hobby - I've been to his place many times. AND He has a REAL 9-5 JOB 6-7 days a week BE REASONABLE with your DEMANDS.
Modeling in general is a SLOW hobby - do your HOMEWORK finding out what you would like to build and PLAN it all out in ADVANCE including WHERE and WHEN you will make your purchases.
REMEMBER - just because it's an EMERGENCY to you, doesn't mean your $10 order is an emergency to ANYONE else.

Keep in mind though - I do NOT know of any model retailers on the North American continent that stocks as much as Mac - or can get things as fast here. You need to also REMEMBER that the handful of automotive model builders here in the USA (very few) can send enough business to a USA retailer so the retailer CAN support themselves. This actually is the state of modeling all around the world except maybe Hong Kong and Japan. Therefore these retailers have to have a REAL job that pays their rent and food. Besides in my opinion every model builder that does NOT shop around for availability BEFORE price is a self made FOOL - CAVEAT EMPTOR - and has no-one to blame but themselves. Many people google Strada and see such LOW prices and the offer of free USA shipping on orders over $75.00 - DO you really expect that the vendor will have what you want in stock??????? For USA complainers - did you call him first?? did you send an email first??? ON AVAILABILITY before you placed an order???
You can always PAY by CREDIT card last I saw and in the USA a retailer of any kind CANNOT bill your credit card until the item is READY to SHIP. In addition you always will have the opportunity to CANCEL your order before it ships. And lastly there are PROTECTIONS by law in the USA to protect credit card users.
I always use PayPal for my model purchases here in the USA and Globally, because I have a 45 day RESOLUTION center that I can file a claim with for a FULL REFUND. USA Credit card protections give you up to 6 months, but there are LIMITATIONS to these LAWS and purchases, and OUTSIDE of the USA, do NOT GUARANTY you have these PROTECTIONS. So again CAVEAT EMPTOR (BUYER BEWARE) for those NOT lucky to have received some LATIN in their education.

Cheers
John
John18d is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John18d For This Useful Post:
Hemi Killer (06-10-2015)