View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 03:04 PM   #8
Johnny Mullet
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Johnny Mullet
Re: Some trick to inserting the speedometer cable in the Transmission?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOCTORBILL
Wow!

Johnny Mullet - you keep saying that your wife helped with this and that!

Nice!

Mine helps, but I get that "face" if I ask too often....and I worry she may ask me
to help with the ironing or clothes washing.

What happens if you say, "Honey...would you mind changing the oil in the Metro? I'm watching the game today..."
She is not mechanically inclined, but if I step her through something, she can do it and does not mind helping. One day she blew the radiator on our 1980 Dodge Aspen and called me at work. I stepped her through it and she removed it herself and got the replacement from the junkyard so I could put it in after work

She can also determine if something is wrong with any of our vehicles while driving and is always right on the diagnosis such as "creaking suspension noise", "bucking like it's running out of gas", "humming noise in left front", etc

The Metro trans swap was a nasty experience for her when the coolant started dripping on her face while trying to slip the axle shaft in laying on her back with me holding the trans up top. The starter slipped down and jammed the axle and all kinds of stuff went wrong, but we got the job done.

Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote