View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 10:41 PM   #2
jmpsebring
AF Newbie

Re: Yamaha YZR-M1 USA 2005

Sandro...you seem to be the expert here so I will ask you your opinion please. I would like to buy one bike model. I will put my own paint scheme on the bike so I'm not trying to build a specific bike in history. I saw the stunning Top studio transkits and would like to use the Yamaha as my canvas. I don't really care what year the bike is, but I do want to reproduce the under cowl area in front of the handelbars, tank, rear seat area, etc.
The top Studio $$$ kits that come with full resin body parts are like $200+ dollars! Are their resin parts and their fit and finish inside and out better than the Tamiya? Or are they mostly just an upgrade of body style? I don't mind paying for top quality, but if Top Studio's less exspensive detail kits are the same as these super kits...just minus the updated bodywork, I don't mind going with an older version.
I hope you understand and see my problem. Is there a reason to spend all of that extra money for a resin body? Is the resin body so much better with it's fit and finish? Or are the Tamiya kit's body parts and their fit with the Top Studio's upgrades perfectly ok?
Thanks for any advice. Your work is so stunning I decided to add a bike to my collection.
jmpsebring is offline   Reply With Quote