Old 04-30-2020, 03:11 PM   #27
RidingOnRailz
AF Enthusiast

Re: For Anyone Who Owns a Digital Tire Gauge

**Update**

I discovered the Longacre brand after ordering and receiving this:

https://www.diycopro.com/products/di...auge-with-hose

Last week.

It has a big illuminating display, solid construction, a fast air-bleed, and the 1/10th psi reading that I wanted!

After dialing in mine and my wife's car pressures to the exact PSI, I would never look back! The DIYCO Pro reads 0.6psi higher than my trusted local shop's digital filler gauge, but the important thing is precise adjustment.

My 2010 Accord EX(recommended: 32psi):

Presssures Before:..........After:
FrontL.......32.8psi..........33.0psi
FrontR...... 33.1..............33.0

RearL........33.2..............33.0
RearR........32.7..............33.0

Since it is pounds per square inch, those fractions multiply and do add up. I thought my new old Honda Accord already danced pretty well, in her new Italian shoes when checked with my analog clock-face Accu-Gage. But gaaasp....

When I overinflated them and adjusted down with the new digital gauge, I could actually feel quite a difference! Predictabilty in steering, straight line, accel. and braking. And just overall improved quiet and smoothness! Same for the wife's Corolla. Military precision in consumer tire adjustment.

I'm not just humping the DIYCO brand, as I do have a Longacre** gauge on the way for comparison, but definitely: go digital - you won't go back!

**Some of you might recognize Longacre as a major
national racing goods supplier, and they offer tire pressure
air hose gauges and stand-alone gauges upwards of
US$300, but they have plenty of accurate consumer driver
digital models well below $100.

Last edited by RidingOnRailz; 04-30-2020 at 03:57 PM.
RidingOnRailz is online now   Reply With Quote