View Single Post
Old 10-12-2003, 08:25 PM   #9
ponchonutty
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchonutty
Yes, to the common person, they'd probably never see the differences but being a dealer of both, I like the DEI units. Install wise, DEI has a much better approach to vehicle wiring/customizing. This is especially true when you take into consideration to their expert advice and vehicle adaptors like the 555l, 555g GM interfaces, along with those for Ford, DCX, Honda and so on.

Overall the Autopage is not a bad unit. The weak link is the remotes. They can be hard to figure out to some customers and seem to only last about 2 years. They remind me of the Code Alarm units I gave up on.
Well, I do not want to get into a peeing match here. We've obviously got our minds set. I personally do not Code Alarm. Does that mean it is crap? To me it does and also the area Ford dealers I have shown the performance differences between the 2. DEI is not #1 because of all the brands they now carry. I meant about about what the consumers say. They've been #1 rated in Consumer Reports for over 8 years in a row! Take a look at Epinions.com. They say what I say about the units being great at first but do not seem to last over 2 years.
http://www.epinions.com/auto-Securit...splay_~reviews

http://www.epinions.com/auto-Securit...ed_Electronics

Now, I know there is only a few reviews of Codealarm stuff but there are plenty of DEI stuff.

Prelude... Yes there are some that work very well. It all depends in what kind of vehicle you are installing it into. Also, if you have varing weather conditions like -10 in winter and 95+ in summer, the field will tend to grow and shrink. Because of this, I suggest getting an alarm that you can either adjust this via remote or have the ability to turn it on or off with the remotes for best performance.
ponchonutty is offline   Reply With Quote