View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 09:27 AM   #16
tinawooley
AF Newbie

Question Re: 95 Chevy Lumina APV 3.8 Stalling Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaz View Post
It turned out to be a bad O2 Sensor, that was the first thing we replaced but unfortunately we received a defective part..

The way we tested was to just unplug the O2 sensor and drive the car with the O2 sensor unplugged. The van drove much better. Drove 95% better

Try driving your van with O2 sensor unplugged and see what happens. of course your "Service engine Soon" light will come on as a result of the O2 sensor unplugged.

Good Luck... let me know if this helped

Thanks so much for responding. Unfortunately this made no difference. It seems to idle fine when it's cold. Once it warms up or we put it in reverse or drive it starts sputtering then dies. We just can't seem to figure out what it could be. We've checked the IAC. It was dirty but measured at 1 1/8 mark. Cleaned it and cleaned the throttle body. Replaced spark plugs and wires. Checked and replaced all vacuum hoses. Put in a new fuel filter and air filter. I read that if it was th crank position sensor that the van wouldn't start at all so I'm not sure if that's a possibility. Checked the PCV valve and it's good. We are also having issues with the windows not rolling up or down and the wipers work when they want to. Is it possible that this could be a grounding issue? Would grounding problems cause the van to stall and die? Thanks.
tinawooley is offline   Reply With Quote