View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 01:02 AM   #5
heliosense
AF Newbie

Re: 2017 Elantra Vibrations on Cold Start (Start up)

No aftermarket products. I accepted to have a rust protector installed under the hood and the Elantra model with LED lights, of which was included upon new purchase at the dealership.

I wish I were dealing with someone like you at the dealership. lol Thanks for your leads. I had researched the ECT out online and see why you said that might be a possibility.

Since this new incident with the lights completely shutting off when switching the turn signal on/off, I kind of see where you're going with grounding, fuses and fuse link splices, after some research. This is time consuming! I appreciate you taking your time to help! I forgot to mention, I noticed that the headlight indicator went off on my dash when the lights completely shut off for secs after turn signal on/off. Mode: Auto lights.

Aug 29: Tonight, nothing wrong with signaling and headlights running normal. Though, car was not happy upon cold start. Car vibrated stronger and longer than usual=(few times to daily per week). I'm starting to worry that the lifespan of my car is going to be affected... depending on the issue. Maybe the ROUGH vibrations and slow battery drain are due to something that is or isn't isolated from my lights going out when signal is switched on/off.

Rod, I'm going in to dealership this Friday. Would you mind if I reference your posts? You are definitely more inclined to work with peoples, ask questions and troubleshoot than in my experience.

Thanks again!

Last edited by heliosense; 09-13-2017 at 08:20 AM.
heliosense is offline   Reply With Quote