View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 08:01 AM   #14
Hudson
Old Mod

Re: HYUNDAI cars are WORTHLESS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofpan
That statement of yours is very good because proves the right of my opinion that I stated from my first comments: that new players in a market ca't have the quality that have the old players.
You keep missing the point I'm trying to make: one vehicle is an anomaly. Whether it's ONE 30-year old Opel that's done well or ONE 10-year old Hyundai that hasn't, they're not the norm.

The experience of two people with two cars is not a survey of the entire production and definitely can't be used to compare the progress of automotive engineering in the past three decades. I can show you DOZENS of cars from 1977 that, in comparison, will make your Accent look like a Rolls-Royce!

Please understand, I've worked in and around the automotive industry for many years. I do know what I'm talking about. Your experience with your Accent and your friend's Kadett does not make for a good basis of knowledge. I've driven hundreds of cars and trucks in the time that you've owned that one and I can definitely tell you that technology, engineering, and quality have IMPROVED in that time...for Hyundai and for everyone else.

You can argue all you want about how your THEORY is right, but it's not. My statements are based solidly in fact where yours are based merely on your experience with ONE CAR.

The links you have supplied may be real accidents, but you, again, missed the point of how you don't have all of the facts. Airbags should NOT go off in all accidents and how do you know that they should have deployed in this one? You are simply guessing that it should have.

What is the conclusion? You're basing your theory on one car. Today's Hyundais are designed to last well over a decade because they warranty them in the US for 10 years. And it is IMPOSSIBLE to make every customer happy. Your car doesn't have any problems that I wouldn't expect from ANY 10 year old car, and yet you think it's simply because you bought a Hyundai. THIS lack of experience is why you can't make every customer happy.