View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 08:28 PM   #12
lowsonoma1999
Authorized Vendor

Send a message via AIM to lowsonoma1999
Re: HYUNDAI cars are WORTHLESS!

Ok, I'm going to jump back in this, because this is just plain ridiculous. Your logic and reasoning is so totally out of this world, I wonder what kind of education you have. You point out a couple instances where Hyundais have had trouble. Look at this one. http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com...-air-bags.html Or maybe this one. http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com...ettlement.html Both of those from the same site that you posted about the wrecked Tiburon. There are posts about airbags not deploying in a Lexus. Oh my god, the brand that is supposed to be prime example of quality, their air bags aren't deploying. This must mean that their quality is in the sh***er too. Oh, and the 2nd one is oil sludge. A very common problem in Toyotas. Back in 2000 and 2001, I worked at Pep Boys, a large service facility chain here in the states. We replaced I don't know how many engines in Toyotas. Mainly told customers that it was due to lack of maintenance. But it looks like it ended up a poor design by Toyota. Man, these are both huge. Toyotas must really suck. Might as well buy an Isuzu. You look on a website dedicated to lawsuits. Do you think you'd find anything good to say about a brand on that site? Yeah right. People post issues they have. Hardly ever does somebody make a thread about their car that had 75k miles on it, and they have no problems. How boring would that be? You b***h and whine about Hyundai not giving you everything you want for free on a 10 year old car. Go find another car company that will replace your engine for you when you are out of warranty by that much. Here in the states, Hyundai came out with a 10yr/100k mile powertrain warranty starting in 1999. We have replaced engines and transmission on cars that are 8 years old, with 90k miles on it before, providing the customer can prove they have maintained the car. I have actually had a customer come in at 50k miles with a blown engine that have never changed the oil. She claimed that they shouldn't have to change the oil, it has a 100k mile warranty on it. Somebody at whatever dealer they bought the car from just failed to inform them because it has a long warranty, it doesn't mean you don't have to maintain the vehicle. My '90 CRX I bought back in 1999. Ok, add this up, only 9 years old, with 80k miles. I put two distributers in the car within a year. The 2nd one, the igniter under the distributer cap actually caught fire, and melted everything under it. Do you think Honda would warranty this for me? I think not. I couldn't even get the distributer I bought from them a year earlier warrantied, because I had put over 12k miles on that car since then. Should I go after Honda corporate and tell them that this factory defect made me late for work, and cost me money towing to the shop, and I want reimbursed for everything? They would have laughed in my face. And even back in 1990, Honda had already been around for almost 20 years in the states, and had built their reputation up as being a quality car. So does this one defect mean that their cars are junk, NO. Every manufacturer has their downfalls. Honda is known for bad distributers, axles, and rear control arms on older Accords failing. GM trucks are known for bad front suspension and steering components. Chrysler, bad transmission and rear differentials. GM cars for water pump and intake leaking issues. Toyotas for sludge. Speaking of Toyota. The '98 Camry I own now was originally purchased for my wife when she got into doctoral school, by her parents. The day after she bought it, the battery went bad. A week after it was towed to the dealer, they called her to tell her it was done and she owed $500 for damage to the shifter. Not only did not they call to authorize any additional work to be done, but the damage was done by the tow company that TOYOTA dispatched to pick the car up. Another two weeks later, she finally got her car back. Couple years later, she bought an Olds Bravada and gave the car back to her parents. Her mother cannot drive anymore, so thats why it was given back to us. You are basing your opinion on Hyundai, on your own opinion and what few stories you find on ther internet. I said in an earlier post that I would have never bought the Camry if it wasn't given to me. Would I buy a Toyota? No. Is it because of my experience with all the issues I've had with this Camry? No. I wouldn't buy a Toyota because I don't like the design of their cars. This Camry is probably the most boring car I've ever owned, and I've owned a lot. All of their cars are boring in my opinion, and lack style. The only one I would halfway consider is the Corolla, but I like the Elantra better. So for less money, I'd buy an Elantra. I do like the design of the new Civic more than the Elantra though, so if I was to buy another small car, it would be between the Elantra and the Civic. Civic being more expensive, but I like the design more. Both with similar gas mileage, but a much better warranty with the Hyundai, and with as much as my wife drives, that is a big factor.

I could go on and on, but it's getting late, and I have to work in the morning. If you are so unhappy with your car, get rid of it and go buy something else. Same thing I did with my Accord. It had issues, I didn't feel like dumping a ton of money into it, so I got rid of it and went on with my life. I didn't spend hours on the internet finding examples of Hondas with issues so I could back my claim up. I just hope someone closes this thread, and we can all go on our happy way. Hudson and I enjoying our Hyundai, and you can go searching for a '78 Opel.
17665 Terry Lee Crossing
Noblesville, IN 46060