View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 05:35 AM   #5
sofpan
AF Newbie

Re: HYUNDAI cars are WORTHLESS!

Thanks for your answer. Remember that we do this conversation in good faith. I believe that mine and your purpose is to inform the people about the things we know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowsonoma1999
That logic cannot be more wrong. So you are saying Hyundai's quality was as good back when they first started out than it is today? Hyundai's quality back in the day did suck..

Yes, we agree on that. Hyundai's quality in the past (let's say 10 to 15 years ago did suck. Our difference is that you say that in the years that followed, hyundai improved a lot its quality and you said that it became better than some japanese brands.

I don't agree with that. I don't like to say the same things but every car industry by the pressure of low cost, year by year, reduces the quality. Isn't it obvious that cars of any brand, lasted more in the past 10 or 20 years than today's cars? All those guys that read our topic can confirm this. And it is logical. As the years passing there is a pressure to the car industries to sell cheaper. What they can do to reduce their cost? If their car are not good looking, the consumers will not buy them. If their cars don't have good technical features (speed, accelaration, fuel consumption, etc), the potential buyers will read their features and will not buy them. But in the issue of quality, you can not check and test a car with a test drive. You must own the car for some years to check the quality. So, when the car industries want to have low cost, the easiest way is to reduce quality. And I believe the most of them, they reduce quality.

And for supporting my opinion, I will tell you that my best friend, has an OPEL Kadett from ... 1978 (yes. seventy eight), from his father that in 1978 had bought it new. He has stoped going his Kadett in OPEL's authorised service from the '80s. When he realise some problem, he goes his Kadett to his neighbourhood car technician. Do you know when he confronted the same problem that I confront some months ago with my Hyundai Accent (oils burning inside the engine, so I have to carry always Oil with me)? Five or six years ago... Do you understand the difference? My car appeared this particular problem in 10 years. His car appeared the same problem in 24 or 25 years. In the decade I own my Accent, I went (always) my Hyundai only to expensive authorised service. My friend went his car only to his neighbourhood car engineer or electrician (oh... yes... they are much cheaper).

So which logic is right? Mine that I am saying that all car industries reduce he quality in the passing of time or your's, that you insist that car industries improve their quality? And if you are right, how you explain that OPEL Kadett of 1978 present the same problem with mine Hyundai, but OPEL presented it at 25 years and not in 10 years like my Hyundai???
Because that's true, I chalenge the korean Hyundai "qualitative" auto makers to come here in Greece, to test and check this OPEL Kadett to understand what is real quality and not "quality" that they make. I invite them to come here in Greece, to copy the machine of OPEL of 1978. Shame on them that after 20 years (the difference between the year 1978 of OPEL - 1998 of my Hyundai), they make a car (mine) that presented a particular serious problem in 10 years, when OPEL presented the same in 25 years. Shame!!!

In the other hand, I think we agree for the after sales service of Hyundai that sucks. The Dealer here in Greece is titled "HYUNDAI HELLAS"... yes... Hyundai. The Dealer is representing Hyundai Motors. He doesn't do anything he wants. He complies with the rules and standards of Hyundai Motors.
So when I gone and told them that the last malfunction of my Accent (lots of oils to be burned inside its engine) is UNACCEPTABLE when I drive "gently" (is proven by the Car's service book), I have done little miles in a decade and always go my car to the EXPENSIVE authorised service and then I asked Hyundai Hellas to fix it for free (yes for free because it's unacceptable) they told me that the warranty is expired. So what? If the problem is UNACCEPTABLE, they have to fix it. It's like the Recalls.
What every reliable car industry do when they realize an unacceptable problem that owed to their defective production? They recall the problematic cars, no matter if the warranty has expired, and fix them for free.
What's the difference in my case? I inform them for a defective car of theirs. They must fix it. They didn't fix it. I communicated with Hyundai Motors and Hyundai Europe. Nothing. For all of them, this malfunction is something usual, something acceptable... Enough!

You also didn't answered to my equations but you tried to justified the low resale value issue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowsonoma1999
Hyundai's resale value is low because they are still trying to break the image of their cars from the past. There is also quite a large amount of Hyundai rentals. This floods the used car market with 1 or 2 year old cars with 30k miles that are selling for cheap because the rental companies are willing the sell them cheap when they are done with them. You see very few Honda or Toyotal rentals out there. Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, they all buy parts from me for their cars that they wreck. Avis and Hertz are my two largest customer. Avis along, just at the Indianapols location just took deliver of 219 new Hyundais ready to be put into service. These 200 cars will all of a sudden hit the used car segmant in another year. This is also the reason GM has drastically reduced the number of cars they sell to rental companies. They are wanting to increase the value of their used cars.

So you are telling my that the low rease value of Hyundais is the outcome of the large number of cars, as Hyundai/KIA is no. 5 top sales globally.

I can not disagree on that.
The top 10 in 1997 globally was like this:

2007 Global Sales Rankings
1. Toyota 9,366,000
2. GM 8,902,252
3. Volkswagen 6,191,618
4. Ford 5,964,000
5. Hyundai-Kia 3,961,629
6. Honda 3,831,000
7. Nissan 3,675,574
8. PSA/Peugeot 3,428,400
9. Chrysler 2,676,268
10. Fiat 2,620,864

So can you explain how the brands that are in the first, second, third, forth position (above Hyundai/KIA) and the 6th and 7th position that is near Hyundai, so they sell more cars than the korean group or almost the same number, all of them have much bigger resale value from Hyundai???

With your words the equation for Hyundai in this:

+ Hyundais High Quality in the recent years - bad reputation from the past
+ happy users in recent times - large number of cars in the market
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
= (according to your thought) increased supply of hyundai cars = Low Resale Value

Then following your thought, for the top auto seller, above Hyundai, we must have (with your words):

For the top sellers globally, above Hyundai

+ Good past reputation - Quality worse than Hyundai
+ High initial cost of new cars - unhappy users in recent times
- larger number of cars in the market
(have bigger sales from Hyundai)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
what must be the result? You accepted that all of these brands have bigger resale value than Hyundai.
but if we take the equations elements we resulting = (the elements by your thought are the blue colour words above) = increased supply of those cars = Low Resale Value (like Hyundais or smaller) because we have more minus than the Hyundais equation.

But it isn't. All of these cars (brands), have much better resale value from Hyundais. So I believe that you are wrong. You are wrong because you:
  • overestimate the size of Hyundai sales (the other I mentioned, have already bigger sales, but they have better resale value).
  • underestimate the comprehension, the apperception of Hyundai owners in recent times, because you are telling that even they have good cars with quality and they are happy with it, they accept a low resale value from the potential buyers.
The Hyundai owners in recent times are not morons to sell low, something that has a great value (their car). The only way to sell their car cheap, is that in total and in the long term, they are not satisfied with their cars. What means that? Hyundai have no quality.

So the top 4 (and the 6th, 7th, 8 and 9) auto makers globally they have better resale value than Hyundai, despite their bigger sales, the larger no. of their cars in the market. How is this possible? They have more satisfied drivers in the long term. And that can happen only if the have better quality.

And finally I want to speak for another issue that Hyundai sucks. SAFETY.
Go to this link and read...

http://209.85.135.104/search?q=cache:m_NgdwH-qm8J:www.lawyersandsettlements.com/articles/01381/car-crash-airbag-failure.html+hyundai+worthless&hl=el&ct=clnk&cd=1& gl=gr