View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 05:01 PM   #3
sofpan
AF Newbie

Re: HYUNDAI cars are WORTHLESS!

Fistly, thanks for your answer.
So as you said, you believe that my opinion is wrong because I own a 1998 Hyundai. So you mean that the todays hyundais are good cars with quality.
I will say the same that I wrote before:
Logically, any car industry (let's say Hyundai) if it had quality, it would have it in 1998 and today (as a matter of principle). Often, the quality is better when someone has an older model, because every car industry by the pressure of lower cost, reduce the quality year by year. So, older cars = better cars. In the other hand, when a car factory is new in the game (as HYUNDAI was in 1998) makes better products because the Industry is not known (famous) and want to have costumers. As the years passing, they reduce the quality because they gain fans. Fans have no brain and they buy cars anyway, by the colour, the design, the technical specifications. You can not see the quality when you buy a car. To see the quality, must pass a lot of time, like 6 at least years. Nowadays, any car industry have the minimum of quality they need for its cars, to last 5 or 6 years. Do I need this? The minimum of quality? No!
I give my money and I want a high quality car, not medium, not low. I am not strange. I am not asking for a perfect car. But sure, I am asking for a quality, above medium. And I don't think so that Hyundais have this -above medium- quality.
The problems I experienced at the decade that I own Accent, are not normal. Moreover, they are not normal because the service of Hyundai in my country is really expensive and most of all is more expensive than other, more prestigeus brands (OPEL, HONDA, etc). And even if the high cost of service is a theme of the Greek Authorised Dealer, the Hondai Motor Company must have an opinion and a power over it. Because if you are not agree with me on this, then for you is logical Hyundai Motors to sell globally cars of low cost and then the Dealers in every country to retain high cost of auto parts and work, so the Hyundai owners to have a high (in absolute number and comparable to other brands) maintenance cost over the years.
Is it OK with you? And Hyundai Motors have nothing to do with this? Because for me it's not OK. It doesn't seems to me logical. To have the dealers to destroy (with their high costs) the image that Hyundai Motors tries to build globally.
And the high cost of the parts, it can't be a matter between Greece's and Korea's governments as you said, because I say again, auto parts from other brands and countries are cheaper (even if they are from more prestigeus brands, from countries like Japan or Germany). So the between countries agreements and the taxes that imposed, IS NOT A EXCUSE.

Furthermore, why you discredit a car (take any car, not only Hyundai Accent) when it's 10 years old? Because you are saying that I am basing my opinion on a 10 or 11 years old car. Yes, it's true! I am basing my opinion on my 10 years old car. What's wrong with that? What different you believe that I woul'd have done? To base my opinion on 3 or 4 years? That woul'd be rediculοus. As I said before, any car industry has the minimum quality for its cars to last 4 or 5 years. I don't need this car industry with the minimum quality! If a car industry has quality products, that will be tested and checked, only in the long term. Long term is 10 or 15 years, not 5 or 6.

And let's say that Hyundai in 1998 hadn't so good quality but now improved its cars and has above medium, enough good quality. If this was true, then how do you explain the low resale value? I mean today, no at 1998.

As I said to my firt presentation, the whole secondary market of used cars tell us that "HYUNDAI are not quality cars!". Let's speak clear and simple with two equations:

My equation:

Hyundais Low Quality + unhappy users on the long term = increased supply of hyundai cars = Low Resale Value

Your's equation:

Hyundais High Qulity + happy users on the long term = decreased supply of hyundai cars = Low Resale Value ????

How it comes??? I really don't understand. Can you explain this to me, please?

Finally, how can I know that these that you told that you also own a Toyota and a Honda, and you find the Hyundai better than those japanese cars? How can I know that you are telling the truth? I have no interest (I can not have) by telling you "NOT BUY HYUNDAI". I don't gain something from it. You might say this only because you want to protect your interests. As you said you sell auto parts. How can I know that you are not selling Hyundais Auto parts, so your interests are Hyundai to have prestige and you are trying to help on this issue. (regardless that they have not prestige. Think... low resale value = low reputation of Hyundai in the whole market).

And remember... I don't say to people that read us "buy the X brand", I only say "Don't buy HYUNDAI cars, because they are worthless". Buy whatever you want, it's your problem. I only warn them for Hyundais, because noone finds money free in the streets.