View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 08:47 AM   #2
lowsonoma1999
Authorized Vendor

Send a message via AIM to lowsonoma1999
Re: HYUNDAI cars are WORTHLESS!

I can't believe your basing your opinion on Hyundai on a 10, possibly 11 year old car. No matter how many miles, things deteriorate over time, which can cause issues, some of which you have ranted about. Some of your points are pointless to. The price of parts, probably not Hyundai's fault. More than likely an issue with Greece and Korea's governments, and whatever taxes they decide to impose on the parts. I sell parts all over the world, and quite a bit to Canada. You can't tell me that Hyundai is ripping the people in Canada off by charging them $25 for an oil filter, while their neighbors to the south, (US), can get one for $6. Here in the US, Honda and Toyota are expensive parts. Trust me, I have owned a Honda Accord, currently own a Toyota Camry, and a Hyundai Sonata. And by far the Sonata was the best one. I put 100k miles on an '03 Sonata within 3 years, without a single issue, other than chrome peeling off the inside door handles. The wife then wanted to trade it in for something bigger, so I now have an '06 GMC Envoy that sits in the garage collecting dust. The Accord and Camry I've owned, with the same mileage, I have spent thousands of dollars on to keep in the same mechanical condition as the Hyundai. Even with 100k miles, I'd take the Sonata cross country if I need to, not the Accord or Camry. What good was your rant. I'm sorry, not many people are going to base there purchase decision of a new car based off the opinion of an owner with a 10 year old car. Hyundai has come leaps and bounds over the past few years. I have been with them for 6 years now, and can tell a huge difference. Take a look at the amount of warranty work we do. Our warranty dollars are 1/3rd of what they were 5 years ago, and there are a ton more Hyundai's on the road now than there were 5 years ago. Those numbers speak for themselves. If you want to rant, go to a Toyota or Honda forum, I'm sure they'd love to hear your opinion while they think their car is the god of all cars. With the amount of money I have spent on all the cars I've owned through the years, I would never buy another Honda or Toyota. If the Camry I own now wasn't free, I would have never bought it. It was owned by my in-laws, old people, didn't drive much, always maintained it, but things were still breaking all the time on it.
17665 Terry Lee Crossing
Noblesville, IN 46060