View Single Post
Old 07-27-2006, 02:36 PM   #9
Blackbird3
AF Newbie

Re: New Dodge Challenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawolvesfan
anybody else think they should have an allwheel drive version? atleast for me living in minnesota, it would be way nicer if the car were able to be driven all year, not just in the summer
what would they have to do to make an all wheel drive version?
The Challenger will be built on the same chassis platform, albeit with a different wheelbase, as the 300C, Magnum & Charger. The 300C and Magnum are already available with the AWD option, so the design, engineering and parts are already in existence.

So the question becomes: will Chrysler do it? My guess is no, simply because the Mustang and upcoming Camaro won't have AWD.

I used to own a 1997 Trans Am WS6 (without traction control) and was forced to use it for one winter (in a northern climate) before I sold it. So I had it oil sprayed for rust prevention, put a set of Bridgestone Blizzaks on 16" rims and tossed 100lbs of gravel bags (because sandbags leak) in the trunk as ballast and had no issues at all, from a standing start I could even outrun FWD cars with all-season tires in a snowstorm. So a RWD Challenger shouldn't be a problem IMO.

Here's an article about the 300C AWD:
http://car-reviews.automobile.com/Ch...oad-test/1218/