View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 02:18 PM   #5
Kassie
AF Newbie

Re: 2000 Subaru Legacy L transmission problems

Ok...I'm still having problems. Here is the easiest way for me to explain what my car is doing. By the way, the tranny fluid level has already been checked and ruled out.When I go out to start my car for the first time of the day, regardless of the time or the temp outside, it will engage into drive just fine. After I drive and the car warms and I shut it off to go into the store, when I come back out, start it up and put it into drive, it will not engage into drive until I also hold the brake down and rev the engine while still in drive. Reverse works perfectly, all of the time, but I can't drive backwards everywhere I go..LOL...The car is currently parked because I'm afraid it's going to leave me stranded somewhere. I am relying on my truck for transportation right now but with gas prices climbing I really need my car back on the road.I read somewhere about some kind of pressure switch. Anyone know what that is? I don't want to lay out the money for another tranny unless I absolutely have too.
Kassie is offline   Reply With Quote