Old 06-03-2006, 08:09 PM   #2
JLad10687
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to JLad10687
Re: prpoer painting sequence HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyn
hi guys

i'm new to this list and getting ready to paint a 68 nova with some sherwin williams acriilc
uthathane and i have a few questions ...
a)what the is the proper sequence? ..roof from the center out to the drip rails, then hood and deck lid the same way? do i go over to the other side of the hood... then then sides?
or paint 1/2 of the car then move to the other side?
b)when i do the sides....one panel at a time or the full side from front to back?
c)what's a rough idea of what the proper travel speed should be? i know this may depend on the gun and paint
d)we're gona do the sills, under trunk, under hood first...then clear those areas.....my understanding is that any base or clear overspray that gets on the outerpanels need to be wet sanded....does the over spray need to be complely removed...or just scuffed
e)will my gun adjust down to a small pattern for the sills and jams?
btw i'm using the newest iwata lphv 400 gun with the purple air cap for the color....i used a cheap gun for the primer which by the way was the 4CR system....I'll also be using their clear system

thanks much for the help

travis
Watch Muscle Car on Spike TV tomorrow at about 11AM (EST), its the replay from today and they go over the whole painting process.

JLad10687 is offline   Reply With Quote