View Single Post
Old 07-01-2002, 06:46 PM   #62
Pennzoil GT-R
AF Enthusiast

crayzayjay:
Quote:
First of all no one really drives flat out in their exotic on these twisties EVERY DAY, and when they decide to put their foot down they're driving the car like its meant to be drive. Even supercars nowadays are relatively easy to drive on ANY ROAD (if youre not pushing) so i think the roads in the UK at least are perfectly suited to them.
Seeing as youre from the UK you will know as well as anyone wot the cops r like now for speeding. Speed isnt always practical anymore as the roads are windy. You will know that it wouldnt be a good experience fighting with the clutch in a Lamborghini Diablo round the streets of London at rush hour, or having to fight with it round the twisty commuter routes from Milton Keynes, Essex etc. every day. The roads are becoming more and more congested in the UK, and cameras are cropping up on alot of the best driving roads. TRUE exotics (read Lambo's, faster Ferraris etc.) are horrible to handle at lower speeds. I know a guy with an F40 and it is almost undriveable below 75, and many supercars are like this. I agree that 911's etc. are easy to drive, but i dont class them as TRUE supercars anymore (except GT2's, GT1's and the like). A supercar is designed to be driven fast, and the handling shows in them, they dont like having to crawl to work every day at 30mph. When the car is going for it flat out then there probably arent any better roads in the world than the Welsh mountain passes, but they are a pain in the arse if youre going anything less than flat out.

Anyway, there is my views on it, i could probably have said all that lot in a couple of sentences but never mind