View Single Post
Old 06-30-2002, 08:26 AM   #60
crayzayjay
CFA

gang$tarr>

First of all we have to establish whether exotics are made to be driven in the city or on twisty roads. Here in the Uk the roads in major cities, though overcrowded are perfectly smooth to drive on. Dont be fooled into thinking everyone drives a hatchback, there are thousands of people who cruise to work in their beemers, mercs, porsches etc at an average speed of 5-6 mph. There are also many bendy roads around here to drive your fast car on, which unless ive lost my mind is what they were meant for in the first place. Track days are becoming more and more popular, with an increasing number of people buying an out-and-out racer to take on the track at weekends. this is why im saying theres a greater variety, if not in numbers (who knows) of exotics in the UK than ive seen anywhere else.

Pennzoil>
Quote:
by saying europes roads are not suited to exotics i mean that the cars are a handful for every day use on the twisty roads, but the roads are perfect for occasional use
I dont really agree with that. First of all no one really drives flat out in their exotic on these twisties EVERY DAY, and when they decide to put their foot down they're driving the car like its meant to be drive. Even supercars nowadays are relatively easy to drive on ANY ROAD (if youre not pushing) so i think the roads in the UK at least are perfectly suited to them.

Quote:
But G$ is right a majority of the cars here in Italy are FIAT Panda's and hatchbacks, but there are a few nice Lancia's, Maserati's and Ferrari's here and there
I dont think that many people who live in the States appreciate small cars. Ok, leaving out the panda there are very many hatchbacks that would teach some of the American manufacturers a thing or two about making cars