View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 06:13 AM   #3
filerichard

Send a message via AIM to filerichard Send a message via MSN to filerichard
Re: Leaking coolant 96 olds cutlass ceria 3.1l

Hello
3100 SFI V6 upper intake manifold I cant find sequence on autozone web page. When reinstalling plenum i was trying for 44 in lbs torque. Ordered two studs and 10 new head bolts (12) from out of state dealer that had 80. I measured them to be M8 1.25 1 1/2 after snapping one. Also just ordered new aluminum heater coolant inlet/ outlet tubing part with quick disconnect o ring new leak. Transmission has how many remaining two quarts torque converter added a gallon.
It runs with no leaks now yet, a hydraulic lifter tapping and engine light is blinking. The code reader cable reads 309 Miss fire cyl, 5. So I pulled that plug which was not burning had a layer of dry brown Carbon/sludge. After cleaning it and checking for spark that had a blue spark i guessed maybe the spark plug wire or spark plug gaping is wrong pr the 2 an 5 coil pack is old. Replaced plug an tapping (Miss in 5 cylinder) still persists after reaching operating temperature. Installed new plugs and wires solved all issues. Its real quite now 4 yrs of cold taping gone in morning.

Last edited by filerichard; 11-21-2016 at 09:53 PM.
filerichard is offline   Reply With Quote