View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 10:43 PM   #1
dalem01
AF Newbie

2000 Sable ABS issue

Good evening,

Old member, been gone for long time, just registered again.

Sorry if discussed before but it's late and past my bed time. A quick search for ABS brought me nothing, not sure why.

We have a new (used) 2000 Sable wagon. It has an unusual ABS issue, which throws no code.

When speed get somewhere below 20mph, the ABS pump kicks on and lightly pulsates on the brake pedal. This happens most of the time and only under 15-20mph.

Using a bluetooth OBDII scanner and FORscan, I tapped into the abs PIDs. I thought maybe a bad/weak wheel speed sensor, but all 4 run nearly identical. Certainly nothing way out of range as I was expecting, like one coming to a rest compared to others. Maybe 2 MPH variances with no one seeming any different from others.

What I do see is both RL and RR inlet (repressurization?) solenoids coming on. I have not located or seen the ABS pump/valve system, but one system I was reading on has individual ports that go to each of the front wheels where the rear use a single/common port that takes care of both rear wheels. My scanner shows one for each rear wheel, so,,,,,,???

Does anything here ring a bell with someone here? I'm sure Ford likely has the same system, but don't know about posting same question over there.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions to come my way.

Dale
dalem01 is offline   Reply With Quote