View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 05:28 AM   #1
maikeru katinka
AF Newbie

Lancer cc 1994 transmission solenoid buzz

Hey guys. I recently put a used transmission into my lancer as the old one catastrophically failed (while on a date!). Everything seems to be running normally. However.

I have a lancer cc automatic that appears to have a solenoid issue, or an issue with power going to the solenoid.

When turn the power on the ignition (not starting the engine), if I shift the gear stick to drive there is a buzzing sound coming from the transmission.

Weirdly, If i slightly depress the accelerator it turns off. If I move the throttle at the engine, it also cuts the buzzing.

If I shift to Low gear, the buzz is consistent, and the accelerator pedal doesn't affect it.

The engine running or not doesn't seem to matter, the sound is there. The car runs great, and the transmission seems to be shifting beautifully.

If i disconnect the solenoid connector, the buzzing stops. There are four wires. I broke the red wire during install, and repaired it. I can now pull the red wire out, and interestingly this did not stop the buzz. I believe that the red wire powers 3 or the 4 solenoids... so possible i have an issue in the fourth.. Im only guessing..

Does anyone have a clue whats going on? If there was a problem, why does it happen when the engine is off as well!? Will it likely burn the solenoid out with all that buzzing ?

Thanks for any advice in advance.
maikeru katinka is offline   Reply With Quote