View Single Post
Old 01-14-2005, 06:25 PM   #7
2fast4me
AF Newbie

Smile Fixed!!???

OK, after almost a year and $2500 later, it turns out that apparently it was just a freaking loose coil wire at the distributor!!! ARRGGHH! And it wasn't a mechanic or any expert....the car died on me on the way to the doctor's in pouring rain and would not restart, a first. I popped the hood and started checking wires (again) and it turned out that the distributor end of the coil wire had wiggled it's way loose so that there was only an arc connection. Pushed that sucker back in tight and back to dream 9C1 city!! Only problem is it has had a habit since of working it's way back up. Thinking of rubber cementing the thing on the cap. Anyone heard of this problem? This is the second coil wire on the second distributor (opti) that this has happened with.

BTW...I'll never again by myself try to change out the plugs and wires on an LT1. Crap, 3 hours and a lot of scraped knuckles and bruises I gave up and took it in to Pepboys (ya, I know they suck), and cost me $450 for the plugs, wires and labor. Shit! Now the G-D ball joints are going out!! The wife wants me to bury this car, but now way. I told her...bury ME in the car, no matter how much it costs to keep it up. Guess I'm like that guy from Texas about 10 years ago who got buried in his Caddy. Peace...
2fast4me is offline   Reply With Quote