View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 12:40 PM   #150
rkvons
AF Enthusiast

Re: Airtex Fuel Pumps - Buyer Beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Norwood View Post
O.K. go out on a Saturday or Sunday and buy an Airtex piece of crap Pump. Spend 3-6 hours or $300 - $400 getting it installed. Then in 6 months or less, when the Airtex Piece of Crap Pump goes BAD, you can do it again, and again 6 months after that, and again 6 months after that.

Funny thing about numbers and Airtex's bad quality, they never end.

It is your Car, Money, and Time, Choose wisely.
You know, I get your point. But I guess you don't get mine. I did what you are saying to do. It's been three years with the Airtex pump. I also have a '98 Pontiac Montana. The fuel guage went out on it also. So I thought to myself, hmmm, I will order the a new fuel level sending unit and have it on hand. So I dropped the tank and pulled the pump assembly out and replaced the sender unit and put it all back in again. Been working ever since. Still the original Fuel pump with 178K miles on it. I agree that OEM is the best. Car manufacturers have their reputation on the line. But sometimes, due to the overall circumstances, it is easier/cheaper/smarter to go with what is available at the time you need it. In my case, my car was hanging halfway out of my garage on jack stands. I needed to get it together and I could NOT get an AC Delco pump for it that day. Now with all the talk about AC Delco pumps not even being AC Delco pumps, I really have my doubts.
rkvons is offline   Reply With Quote