View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 12:02 AM   #3
StephenMS
AF Newbie

Re: 1987 Corvette Questions

Thank you for the response, I appreciate it!

I have plans on cleaning out the TB hopefully on Monday and I will look up how to calibrate a TPS once I'm finished. I'll keep an update if it solved my issue. As for fuel pressure, I guess it could be a possibility, if I have a chance to get it up on a lift I'll do some snooping around for kinks. I'll also put some fuel injector cleaner through the pipes and see if anything clears up.

As for the reverse lights I did hear the neutral safety switch could cause this. I did run into this issue in my Camaro but it went away on it's own. I know what a bad switch can create and it's very bothersome. I'll do some research and figure out where this dang thing is located in the Vette.

I do try the other settings and they do not work when it acts up and becomes stubborn. Actually, the A/C worked today. It was as cold as ever but still the same average air flow strength. 20 bucks says tomorrow the fans won't kick on I did notice that when I have the A/C on "Auto" and at 60 degrees and level 10 power, the defrost vent blows as well. Could that be taking away from the other forward pointing vents? I'm not sure why it kicks on in the first place if i'm not hitting defrost. I have dealt with a vacuum control valve issue on the Camaro, i'll see if I have any new ones lying around

How should I go about cleaning the IAC? I've never attempted to clean one, don't want to ruin one by touching something I'm not supposed to

Also, I've been noticing something fairly odd about my steering. I'm not sure how to describe it but the steering wheel won't turn unless I put quite a lot of pressure. I'll have the tires almost perfectly centered driving down the road, when I attempt to make a small left bend, I have to turn fairly hard to get the wheel to turn, then once it's turned it's easy-peasy to turn the wheel until I go back to the center. Is this normal or is my power steering acting up? It's with turing right as well. The power steering fluid is full to the marks when cold and hot.

EDIT: Sorry about all the questions but this one is probably the most bothersome and mind boggling to me: Before this Vette was sold to me the owner put new weather stripping on the ENTIRE car. Ever since then the windows have not been able to go all the way up without opening the door. The right side goes almost all the way up, maybe a 1/2 inch opening. The passenger side, however, I can fit my entire hand through. I have to lean over and open the passenger door, roll the window up, and close the door. Is the weather stripping not sitting right? Or am I missing something?

Last edited by StephenMS; 06-23-2013 at 12:36 AM.
StephenMS is offline   Reply With Quote