View Single Post
Old 10-30-2004, 01:00 PM   #8
theborg
AF Newbie

Good luck to ya'. My 2003 had the steering column replaced, steering wheel motor failure, noisy ride (wheels/tires/brakes???); on a steep expressway hill it begin to slow down and would not accelerate; and yesterday on the very dangerous expressway, the wheels begin to bounce like crazy (I thought all the balancing weights had popped off) then it emitted a loud squeal and grinding noise that killed the transmission and suddenly lost any ability to accelerate. In short it lost all power and fortunately no 18-wheelers were riding my bumper because I was only able to coast from the fast lane to the left hand side of the road and wait for a tow truck. I really thought I was going to be killed, but thank God, the other motorist slowed down and let me coast to safety. If this is what RR is all about, they can keep them. In nine years of owning Ford Explorers, the only thing that broke, was the rear window wiper. Hopefully Ford can fix the RR's many and very dangerous problems. RR is a beautiful vehicle...but it is also a very dangerous vehicle.
theborg is offline   Reply With Quote