View Single Post
Old 05-06-2006, 01:45 PM   #4
towd
AF Newbie

Re: I don't believe this!

Hi just checking in from the frozen north British Columbia Canada
I have many different cars and interested in getting our '71 ID 21 Citroen back on the road.

I'm trying to find a timing chain
( but first ) I should find a repair manual to see if the timing chain did break
or even if it has a timing chain.

I bought two Citroens from a friend who moved from our valley both cars were stuck to the ground and one had a small tree growing out the front wheel well. I did a valve job using both motors and got one running the hydraulic brake line was cracked and would spray that green fluid in a mist.
We patched it and enjoyed driving for 3 months. When driving home one night all the idiot lights came on the motor died and the steering got very hard all of a sudden. The motor would turn over but no start and it sounded like the valves were not openning. I figure the timing chain broke and seeing that the timing chain would be on the rear of the motor next to the firewall. I just put it on hold. What was sad was that we just bought a new set of 15" Michlein tires for it that week and they are too big for our other cars(1957 VW bug)

Any one have a manual on that motor and a good connection for parts
I haven't tried Citroen in France yet
thanks
hank
towd is offline   Reply With Quote