View Single Post
Old 05-05-2004, 03:26 PM   #16
ell_d
Banned

The 308! God, it makes me cringe just thinking about it.
I had owned 7 other Ferrari's before it, so you would think that they valued my custom, but no. The salesman was nothing but an self obsessed, obnoctious twat! All the info on the car that i recieved from him was incorrect, its only that I know so much about cars, that I was able to correct him!
Still, I put this down to a bad personel experiance, and ordered a red 308 GTS QV, with two tone cream and red seats. I even purchased a private reg, UBU 308 from the same dealer...
So, when the car eventually arived, I got a call to go in and pick it up. It only took me 30 mins to get to the dealership, but in that time, they had spilt break fluid on the passanger seat, and distroyed the leather!
Then, the car didn't start!
So i told them to sort it out, quickly, and call me when it was in an acceptable state.
5 weeks later, they called, and offered to deliver the car to my home. When it arived, the same obnoctious sales man that had sold it to me was driving it. He had taken the liberty of removing the top just so as he could pose in a car he knew he would never afford, and in doing so, droped it, not only damaging the corner of the roof, but gouging a 2 inch strip of paint out of the drivers door down to the metal!
The car went back to Ferrari for another repair! and a total of 2 months after the delivery date, I recieved the car.
5 weeks after that, the carbs started playing up, not giving efficient power delivery and the such like. So it went back AGAIN. 2 weeks later, i was driving it, through the village that I live in, on my way out, and noticed a smell of petrol, and before I knew it, the car was in flames! It turned out that the carb was spitting petrol out, and some of it landed on the manifold, and up it went! That was the end of the 308! So I sued the dealership, and won enough to buy 6 308's, but instead went and bought a Jag. And I haven't looked back since...

PS sorry about the rant, but it boils my blood thiking about that car!
ell_d is offline   Reply With Quote