View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 10:34 AM   #27
sixseas
AF Regular

Re: Could a 3 Cylinder Metro be made to run on Ethanol?

Man o Man I’m up in northern of Chicago you can’t buy gas less than $4.15 a gallon today. When I get done with the boathouse roof, its show time the XFI comes out of winter storage. I would up the maintenance on anything above 40 mpg the 1.0L is worth its weight in gold or Saudi scalps right now.

The government turned a blind eye and deaf ear like they were paid to do and let this oil mess potential hovel our country. Republican and Democrats sold us out. Chicago news media said oil is forecast above $200 per gallon and gas $6-$8 a gallon in the next 12-24 months. There is a 2 year wait for Smart cars. I’m a firm believer in the strengths of a capitalistic economy but not a rigged sellout like we have.

The oil companies like Exxon and European counterparts BP, Shell and the others, are opportunists just setting back scraping profits from the religious based Saudi economic attack on us. Saudis under pressure from their religious and cultural constituents in occupied countries are putting a damper on our economy. As the Notre Dame model shows as economy slows so does a countries ability to conduct warfare activates. Like we did in the cold war with USSR. Our Republican and democratic elected managers befriended these guys now they want us to give them another chance in November? We need to demand better leaders.

I admire the 1.0L gang like the resistance. I was just reading that oil futures are replacing gold in some wealthy investor’s portfolios. Add this to the increasing world demand for oils in developing countries, and economic warfare and a declining dollar this could be more than a price adjustment and last for some time. If it goes away quick it’s another short term patch that will fall apart again later. I think we are really ignorant people as a whole so keeping the 1.0L well maintained for extended service may be a wise move.

I was just reading about the burst and coast method or driving the 1.0L and seeing how I could modify and incorporate it into my commute it things get out of hand. When markets become unbalanced there is always the risk of fuel rationing.
http://metrompg.com/
sixseas is offline   Reply With Quote