View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 03:32 AM   #16
NAAnderson
AF Newbie

Re: 1995 Caprice cough, sputters and idles fast

I just want to thank all of you who have responded to my posts you have all helped me to learn SO MUCH about my car! I am a 52 year old woman and I began doing "some" of my own repairs when I was 17 years old and owned a '74 Monte Carlo with a 454 and Rochester quadrajet which I eventually put on myself along with a lot more parts over the years I had it. I have to give credit to my older 2 brothers who when the fuel pump when out on it in the middle of a Minnesota winter at about -10 degrees when I asked them to help me, as I had never done anything mechanical in my life, gave me a Chiltons and some tools and that's all the help I got 😕 To this day I remember laying underneath that car trying to put that fuel pump in...it took me hours! LOL! My hands were freezing as we didn't have a garage and the gas was freezing my hands because I couldn't get the rod to go in the way it was suppose to and I was crying and they were freezing too. But because of that one moment my career was destined although I didn't figure it out until about 10 years later when I became a surgical technologist and surgeons first assistant. I don't work on cars but I assist "working" on people during total joint replacements along with general and all the other areas. You wouldn't believe it maybe but being a mechanic and working in surgery are two very closely related careers 😃😃So tomorrow I pick up my car from having the tranny worked on and I will give a summary of what was wrong and what they fixed

Last edited by NAAnderson; 11-09-2016 at 12:06 AM.
NAAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote