View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 10:25 PM   #5
Scottsdaleone
AF Newbie

Exclamation Re: Dealerships that SUCK!

I have owned 6 Nissans so far in my lifetime. Pinnacle Nissan DOES suck. I have had 3 poor experiences with their service department. The prices are overpriced, and if the sales department works ANYTHING like the service department, they must REALLY rip people off.

One day, they had a white marker board sign advertising Air Conditioning Freshener service for $199.00! When I asked the service manager what they did, he said they just spray something in there! I asked if I could buy it, and he said no. Maybe they think people in North Scottsdale are willing to pay extra?

On TWO occasions, the Service Manager was rude and told me I was welcome to visit another dealership!

One occurrence, my service light came on and the vehicle took 10 tries to start, and it barely started. Checker told me the code, and it needed a new crankshaft position sensor. When I brought it to Pinnacle, they reset the light and tried to "reproduce the problem". Well, it didn't I drove home, and wallah...the light came on, and the car wouldn't' start! I had to take it to ANOTHER dealership 15 miles out of my way to get quality service. That dealership immediately replaced the part....and guess what. The light NEVER came on again.

The techniques they use in the service are are VERY fishy! Instead of replacing a failed part, they are very stingy and cheap. They even want to charge you "exploratory fees" for diagnosis, to try to get you to pay more. They are crooks in my opinion. They even make you sign some nonsense when you bring your vehicle into the bay! When you have service done, they don't show you how much it would have cost like other dealerships. Very Very odd. This mentality is coming from the management. Management that should have been fired YEARS ago. They just don't get it. The business practices are obviously poor based on my experiences and all the negative posts.

This dealership has been in trouble with racism regarding black customers in the sales area. Some salespeople were making comments about race and poking fun at the customers, and it was all over the news. I believe the EEOC was involved. http://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/newsroom/re...e/2-19-03.html

Not sure why www.pinnaclenissansucks.com isn't working. It must be their attempt to "clean" their name.

This is a Vantuyl dealership. They own Midway and Peoria Nissan. I avoid ALL 3.

Previous employees of these Vantuyl dealerships have VERY poor and derogatory comments about their previous employer. They quit and went to work for the better ones. Try Riverview and Power. These places have extraordinary customer service.

When you GOOGLE Pinnacle a TON of derogatory stuff comes up. Rip Off Report comes up too. I humored myself and checked the Better Business Bureau, and they state the record is being "UPDATED", whatever that means.

It will be a cold day in Hell before I would buy a Nissan from these folks. I already avoid them for service. And, it's a shame since they are the closest dealership to my home, and I will be in the market for a new Nissan this summer! They really need to change their business practices, and learn how quality service gets repeat business! What is the saying? Each poor customer service experience is communicated to 10 more people, and it keeps going on and on and on.

Even the map of this dealership has a 2 out of 5 star rating, and comments include "WORST DEALERSHIP EVER".

See this link below:

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl...ed=0CA4QqgUwAA
Scottsdaleone is offline   Reply With Quote