View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 03:17 PM   #1
Brenton1
AF Newbie

Any advice please?

I know very little about cars and could really use some advice! Anyways, I just got an oil change done and the mechanic told me there were all these problems with my car. Basically I have no money right now and need cheap solutions for the next few months until I have more money. Could you please take a look and tell me what you think?

1.Power steering pump - replace (leaking)

2. Power steering hose - replace (sweating)

3. Power steering system flush

4. Steering gear assembly - replace (leaking)

NOTE: as for 1-4, I was told by a friend as long as I keep the power steering fluid topped off constantly, I should be ok for the next few months.

5. Cooler lines (Transmission lines leaking)

NOTE: I have no idea about this one and what to do. Any advice for a temporary fix? What happens if I leave it to long?

6.Water pump - replace (leaking)
NOTE: I have had a coolant leak for a year but I just keep topping it off. Will this temporarily fix the water pump problem? How long can I get away with it for?

7. Replace Intake manifold Gaskets (leaking)
NOTE: Same as above, will topping off my car with coolant be a temporary solution for a few months?

Please if you have any knowledge on anything here, please respond. I can't afford the 1,700$ bill to get this all fixed right now and I love my car. It's a 1999 Pontiac Grand AM Se.

Thanks a ton!
Brenton1 is offline   Reply With Quote