View Single Post
Old 02-13-2006, 01:53 AM   #83
MrHigh$tandards
AF Newbie

Question Re: Sport Compact Pro Sponsorship

Wow. I don't know if I should feel stupid or what right now. I searched google for sponsorships because I've already sinked over $25,000. into my car and I was tired of paying but want to do so much more. I came across SCP and filled out all the info... What was done to my car, what I had planned for my car... you know all of that. Then I even gave my credit card info. *I'm currently shaking my head in disgust* I didn't pay attention to the $88.00 "donation" to Victims of Illegal Street Racing. (Why would a company want to give money to victims of ILLEGAL anything? I ask myself this now) I was excited and ready to get my car pimped out more.... I then received a phone call from a 302 # which I know personally is a nextel meaning it was a celluar... it was a lady (and I even heard kids in the background) claiming to be from SCP. She told me I was approved and the $88 was charged to my account. Again, I did not even notice this when I filled out the info in the first place because I was so ignorantly excited. So when she said this I paused. She could sence that there was something wrong and spoke up... "Sir, the $88 was for the processing fee and a portion of it will be donated to victims of illegal street racing." I was like, "Oh... um ok... is there anyway that can be put on hold because it is going to cause my account to bounce." She told me no because it had already been charged and had a snicker to her voice. This whole thing immediately made my stomach drop. I pretend as if everything was ok and it would all work out just so I would not make myself sick over it. Well a week later after my account had already bounced and caused me much unneeded stress and loss of money (which I know was my fault .) I was able to get my account positive again. The following may not have anything to do with SCP but it is being checked into.... they better hope not. Someone had made an online payment to a bank with my credit card. I knew I did not do this so I called my bank. It was to late to stop the payment but I figured maybe it was something I did and just forgot about it so I waited... Very worried , 2 days later a charge in the same amount was made to the same place. Ok this pi$$ed me off. I filed a report with my bank and it is currently under investigation. Well I thought I had that taken care of so I went on my marry way. I got on the phone later that night and ordered some stuff for my car. A few hours later I received an automated phone call asking if I made a purchase for $90? No! I did not make that purchase so I declined it. Now I was extremely pi$$ed. It was to late to call my bank. I sat pi$$ed and the phone rang again. This time it was a woman asking about the decline. I spoke with her and found out some info about the person who made the purchase. Oh yeah you are caught buddy. Anyway I cancelled my credit card a.s.a.p. The reason I mention all of this is because I realized the only place I gave my card # to was SCP. I do not know yet if they have anything to do with this but if I find out they do I will repost on here to let everyone know. Now back to SCP. I received my contract the other day, along with 2 decals and a orange sheet with a list of their suppliers. First off the contract looks typed up in microsoft word, so the lawyer fee is bs anyway. Second, everything that was in the contract was worded oddly and was nothing like they made it seem before. This inticed me to check online which I should have done prior to giving them my info but I have learned now. Currently my problem is... It appears that I have already been scammed... So I do not know if I should sign the contract and send it in and see what happens next or just take the loss and throw it out. Everyone on this forum makes very good points. However, the people who support SCP could actually be employed with them and only saying these things to drown out the truth that others speak. Or they could be real people who are satisfied by their contract. No way for me to know. If anyone has any advice or added imput please contact me at my email... high_society@mail.com I am not signing anything until my bank checks into the credit card fraud.... so I may have some time to find out more and make a wise decision. Thanks to everyone who has posted something because it has educated me.
MrHigh$tandards is offline   Reply With Quote