View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 02:25 PM   #61
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Re: 3000gt's/Stealth very own off topic thread: v 5

Well, since my post about getting the car roadworthy I really didn't get anything done, other than purchasing a set of used long tube headers.

Today for the first time in a year the car moved under its own power. I let it idle and warm up and it idled steady at 800 RPM.

My next step is to start yanking off parts that need replaced and see what I can do about getting the engine and trans removed. Well trans I can remove on my own in the driveway if need be, but since I need to remove the engine anyway I'd rather just remove them as a unit.

Once engine and trans are out and separated I plan on doing a major cleanup on the engine. I'll yank the heads and have a valve job done. Before it would go back in I'll replace all the major gaskets and orings along with the oil pump, oil pan, water pump, etc. I'll also bolt on the headers before I put it back in.

Transmission I will pull apart the two I have and hopefully be able to assemble one good one.

Before it all goes back in I am going to swap the engine harness and ECU and try to get the engine bay cleaned up and painted.

I have a lot to do, and need to keep myself motivated. I need to watch what I spend money on though because I was laid off at the beginning of May so I only have unemployment comp coming in, which is a little less than I was bringing home working 40 hours.

I'll cut this update here, but I'll try to keep you guys that are still around in the loop.