View Single Post
Old 11-02-2021, 04:00 PM   #1
fernandoleon88
AF Newbie

Do I need a new wheel bearing? If yes... which one is the best for my car?

Hi. I have a Hyundai Elantra 2009. Recently my mechanic installed the front shocks and aligned my car. Then I noticed the car was going to the right on its own. If I pressed the brake, it also goes to the right roughly.

He checked the brake pads and rotors which have like 2 months of use and they were fine. He rotated the tires and all 4 tires have 32 PSI too. Then he bleed the brake line. but the problem wasn’t solved. So he told me to replace both brake hoses and calipers and I did, but still the problem persists.

I noticed that the steering wheel is a bit wobbly and when I go over 25 mph the car starts to shake a bit. Sometimes, when the I start my car cold and make the first turn, it will have like a “hum” sound from the right side and then its gone. I read online that maybe the problem is the wheel bearing. So I jack up the car, moved the tire vertically and horizontally and has no play… its solid. So I don’t know if its the bearing or not.

I have never changed a wheel bearing, but I will do it myself since I am on a limited budget, but if so, which wheel bearing do you recommend? I want a good quality one that won’t break in a year or two.

Thanks in advance.
fernandoleon88 is offline   Reply With Quote