View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 09:35 AM   #1
jochen kieslich
'wannabe race driver'

MFH Porsche 917LH Gulf 1971 1:24

Dear community,
it's been quite a while since i posted something of value...sorry.
Lots of work, commitments, family.
I started that MODEL FACTORY HIRO Porsche 917 and tempted my fate already one year ago! Process is VERY slow due to that complex kit. What a miniature........unbelieveable. It will be finished within the next four weeks or so (HOPEFULLY!).
Herewith you'll get some impressions how it turned out so far.

The engine:
white metal, "yellowish" resin clear parts (fantastic!!), throttle springs, etched parts, micro tape, tubing of various sizes.....

close up of the fan assembly
these clear resin parts were treated with a decent wash of black/darkbrown oils. The structure is almost perfect, nice material, makes the kit even more valuable!

induction funnels & ignition wiring:
lots of cables.....took me almost two weeks.....

..but once fixed:
A MODEL OF IT'S OWN

And the weight of that power plant is amazing!!

Tubular frame:
Lots of white metal parts for the frame, i "pre-drilled" every hole to ensure a proper fit later on. Gear box is installed also. The first decent step for a weathering was to chip some black paint off the frame to demonstrate work by the brave mec's. All white metal parts were carefully sanded and got a wash of diluted oils instead of a silver colour. Why should one paint a metal part to make it look like metal? Just my 5 cents....

Chassis:
Again lots of white metal and etched parts, but a very strong and stable connection to the engine / tubular frame caused by screws! Imagine the weight so far....these (silver) scratches at the entries to the driver compartement were done by mistake! Thus it was a non-metalic material there can't be metalic scratches. I had to tint these but there had to be "signs of action" anyway!!

Upper rear cowl:
The whole construction becomes more and more stable. A large casted resin piece with pre-attached wheel housings. The seats were painted with acryls and later on some grinded pastel chalk was used for a "worn-out" look.

That' it for now. I'm busy with the tires / rims at the moment, i'll post some step by step pictures of them in a couple of days; so as the cowlings / coverings.

All the best,
good fight - good night

Yours
jochen

-emotional miniatures-
jochen kieslich is offline   Reply With Quote