View Single Post
Old 10-30-2001, 11:24 PM   #12
vectorclub
AF Enthusiast

The History is leaving out some key points

Kudos on the history posting, but I have read a book called Hard Driving written by a journalist who was a friend of JZD and worked for DMC. Delorean was forced out of GM. JZD used Birtish money on projects other then DMC-12. JZD also had some realy off the wall ideas about politics and used blackmail to get his way. That is if everything in this book is true. If you read it I think you find the author is not trying to rip JZD apart, but he reports some of JZD behaviors and quirks. I would not trust JZD with any investment money. If you look at the money he took form DMC you would see he is bit crooked.

According to the same book a second factory was set up next to the main factory to make repairs to cars from the main afctory. Then they had to have another repair place in Southern Cal to fix more issues.

Deloreans history is what makes the car. The car itself is so-so. That is just my opinion. I think Delorean Motors and Vector Aeromotive share some the same kind of crazy history. Wiegert thinks Delorean is a good guy.