View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 08:15 PM   #4
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Re: Air Conditioner in 2005 Chev Aveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouseman View Post
Hi Folks. My wife's car is a 2005 Aveo. She is complaining about the lack of air conditioning. It has good air flow so I checked the temperature. Outside temperature is 88 deg F and humid today (ugggg). Temperature coming out of the vent is 67 deg F. I think that is really good but can't convince my wife.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Grouseman
the problem is very high humidity . that prevents the air to chill down . the heat cannot be absorbed by the evaporator coils with them covered with a lot of water or even ICE.. it does happen when the system is low on charge the evap can freeze esp on a very humid day.

the low side pressure should be 40 psi .if you find its 25-30 psi then this will be a low charge condition provided that nothing is broken. adding 12 oz to the low side until it gets to 40-45 psi ac on max doors open rev engine so its at 1000 RPM ....air temp 80 deg F or so ....never put too much in ...

as was mentioned see what the air temp is coming out of the vents. 25-30 deg f below the outside air temp is good. so if its 90 should be around 60 after it has run a while .. make sure the evap drain is working to dump out the water...

last year it happened to me a very small piece of tree crap restricted the drain I had to take out the interior rugs it took a week to dry them out .. must of been 4 gallons of water in there .
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote