Thread: Real Z Cars
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2004, 02:23 AM   #19
VH45DETTwithNOS
AF Newbie

oh right even with 25 psi of boost coming from a Centrifugal supercharger will never produce the power of a turbo, and yeah I did say drop the turbo, with a turbo of the same boost you have lag and lag sucks...

Superchargers are not like a roots style blower(ie one with a airram out of the bonnet) of old, you can get ones that work even better the a turbo....try this www.capa.com.au oooh Vortec superchargers mmmmmmm

one other thing did I say it was easy? it took me 1 and 1/2 months to get it running with that much HP and the L28 is a very strong motor, but like all things will need to modify the head, yes you need to drop in forgies, yes you need to install an oil pump, exhausts, intercooler is a good idea, gear box(?).....and you don't think outside the square...
I love your comparing the Z to a honda I mean if you took a honda prelude from 1982(same year as the engine) slapped on a supercharger you will have to do all this plus more...what the fuck does honda got to do with forced induction, I mean S2000 you ooooh 240hp +/- N/A impressive, the you go S15 200SX 246hp +/- turbo'd you stinko, then tune both cars up(modifiy what ever but keep the honda N/A and s15 turbo'd) ok s2000 sit @ about 400hp +/- the nissan SR20DET has been pushed to 710hp mmmm big difference, are they still drivable in every traffic?, or NSX 273hp vs Z32 300ZX 298hp and go oh the Honda is doing that N/A.
so your basically saying cos it's old technology it will not produce anymore than XXXhp? question take a GEN 3 chevy V8(this is 2 valves per cyl., push rod) how come they produce 300kw (400hp) then with a supercharger they can produce 500kw+ oh but it can't do that because a honda got 4 valves pe cyl.
oh another thing

I am a real Z owner, In have owned Z's since I was 14.

I have owned
check this out.... http://www.nz300zx.org/phpBB2/viewto...p?t=9&start=45

yes I live in New zealand and we get lots of japanese cars....nuf said

not mention my brother pretty much build most of the engine using, his knowlege of the L28e(cos until then ever realised that it came out turbo, being not common on NZ roads, um turbo'd 280z's).

and you being a closed minded person(edited my me)
Readily - either way it better be
Don't you fuckin' pity me
get up, get off.........

Slipknot - (SIC)
VH45DETTwithNOS is offline   Reply With Quote