View Single Post
Old 05-02-2022, 03:26 PM   #1
Stormguden
AF Newbie

My 2008 BMW 118d wont start. The start motor cranks for 1 second and then gives up.

(2008 BMW 118d) Hello. I have a problem with my car, it wont start. The engine cranks sometimes 0.5 sec and sometimes 1.5 sec and it gives up. And i have no idéa what it is. I replaced my battery 3 months ago so that shouldn't be the problem and the car doesn't warn for bad battery charge.

This problem happend 4 weeks ago and it took like 15 tries for the engine to start, and this was going on like 2 days but i could start the engine after 10-15 tries and then the problem went away and i didn´t think much about it, but now the problem is back and i can't get the engine to start at all.

I tried and checked the fuses for the fuses related to "Start and stop" and i checked the 20 amp fuse for the engine.

And i tried to connect the battery directly to the start motor with some separate wires and the start motor just went on cranking but the motor didn't start.

I captured a video and posted it on Youtube so you could see for yourself. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R9A...A4ckstr%C3%B6m

I am very thankful for all the help i can get.

Thank you very much

Sincerely Viktor
Stormguden is offline   Reply With Quote